No products in the cart.
Sennheiser HD8 DJ
- Elliptical, circumaural (over ear) closed back design delivers maximum comfort while isolating ambient noise in the loudest of listening environments
- Many critical components are machined from metal that contribute to superb audio performance while providing legendary Sennheiser reliability and durability
- Both ear cups swivel up to 210 Degree, providing many wearing positions and the supplied single-sided cables (coiled and straight, 3m) can be attached to either ear cup
- Legendary Sennheiser sound quality combined with high SPL capability (115dB) and ambient noise isolation insures a perfect mix in any environment; 95-ohm impedance for optimum compatibility with DJ equipment
- Premium protective case included
Out of stock
The sound quality of headphones is dependent on many factors. While nothing beats testing out headphones yourself, these specs help provide some clarity.
Impedance and Sensitivity
Impedance and sensitivity can speak to the wattage needed to output certain volume levels. Low impedance and high sensitivity headphones require less power and are better suited for small output devices like smartphones or MP3 players. The Sennheiser HD8 DJ has a high impedance which may require an amp for best use.
The frequency response indicates the range of pitches the headphones can produce. Considering that the human ear can only hear between 20 Hz – 20 kHz, the Sennheiser HD8 DJ range of 8 Hz – 30 kHz is a little excessive.
Given the low bass frequencies and closed operating principle, this is a great set of headphones for bass heavy music such as dubstep or EDM.
Weight is simply a user preference and metric of portability. It does not indicate higher quality headphones as some brands add unnecessary weight to their models. With that in mind, know that the Sennheiser HD8 DJ is slightly heavier than the average over-ear headphone.
3.5mm is the most common input for headphones and is what you see connecting with MP3 players, smartphones, and laptops.
|Dimensions||23.114 x 10.922 x 25.908 cm|